The Healthy Basement & Crawl Space Certificate is about maintaining a basement or crawl space that promotes a healthy indoor living environment. Air pollutants, excessive moisture and water entering the basement or crawl space can produce living conditions which may lead to serious health risks.
Crawl Space Repair in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
Do you have a wet or musty smelling crawlspace?
If so, you should consider taking action. Did you know that over 40% of the air that you breathe on the first floor of the home comes from the basement or crawl space? Because of this, crawl space waterproofing and encapsulation is essential to your family's health.
A crawl space is essentially a small basement. In homes with crawlspaces, the living area is so close to the crawl space that moisture and unsafe air infiltrate the home, causing potential health hazards.
Crawl Space Problems and Their Solutions
At Pioneer Basement, we help our customers in Massachusetts and Rhode Island by getting to the root of the problem.
- Crawl Space Drainage System - If there are issues with standing water, we begin by installing a drainage system installed prior to the encapsulation process. We then run this drainage system into our GrateSump™ liner, and install a sump pump to remove the water from the crawl space.
- DimpleShield™ Drainage Matting - A dimpled plastic material used on high footings or concrete floor to assist with crawl space drainage issues.
- Crawl Space Vent Covers - Most crawl spaces have been vented due to antiquated building codes. We now know that venting a crawl space creates big problems and it's necessary to seal any vents or areas where outside air can get in. We have patented crawl space vent covers to repair this issue.
- CrawlShield™ Encapsulation System - To complete the process of sealing the crawl space, we install a patented crawl space encapsulation system to completely eliminate vapors and odors rising from the ground; creating a layer of protection between the dirt floor and your living space which also helps in lowering your home's heating bills while making the living space more comfortable.
- Crawl Space Dehumidification System - After the area is sealed, the moisture level will need to be controlled and brought down to a relative humidity below 50%, using our high-efficiency dehumidification systems.
Crawl space outfitted with encapsulation system, dehumidification system, and drainage system.